Translate

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Should I whistle for the cat, dear?

Pin It
I rarely buy polymer clay articles. Not because I don't find them totally amazing, it's just that... well, I come from that heritage of "doing everything yourself". My mother was a child of the Great Depression, and for those people, it was almost a part of their religion: Don't buy what you can make!

Cat whistle by Joan Tayler: no, it's not to CALL your cat!


Sometimes, you just GOTTA buy... like this little fella. I admit I was overcome by my maternal cat feelings. We have Kramer:


Please Grammie, why can't I go out and chase the birds?

And waiting to adopt Lucy later this week:


I am She Who Must Be Obeyed...
 so get me out of this shelter!

So when I spotted the little sweetie over at Joan Tayler's blog this afternoon, I was hooked. Thankfully, Joan includes instructions for use, just in case I was hoping to use said whistle to have the kitties come a-runnin'... 

I'm just bragging, here, 'cause I got the only cat whistle. I'm guessing Joan will be making more (pretty please?) There are lots of other cool whistles at her  Etsy shop , and if you love rubber stamps, she sells her original design stamps (I'm  getting the Dragon parts design) and other neat creations.

I placed my order... I got a Shipping Notification from Etsy, like maybe an HOUR later... The woman must be psychic, or live next door to a Post Office. Both handy if you're a designer and Etsy seller, I guess.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting, so I can start stamping and whistling, possibly at the same time. The cats will be SOOOO impressed...

10 comments:

  1. What a really cool whistle - so perfect for you being a Cat Mom. Kramer and Lucy are really sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy is officially home with us. We are quarantining her for a bit, and plan to let her and Kramer get to know one another gradually over the next few days. Wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy is very pretty! I love the cat whistle, what a unique craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to post more pics of Lucy now that she is home with us (perhaps as soon as she and Kramer will tolerate being side by side for more than 15 seconds!) I love Joan's whistles, and when I saw one with a cat, I couldn't resist... she says she will be making black cats soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cat whistle is very cute. One of the things I like about polymer clay is how different artisans create in different styles --there's so much to enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, who would think a little pack of "plastic" could be turned into so many beautiful and unique works of art?

      Delete
  6. I love that cat whistle! So funny!

    Thank you so much for you kind words on my blog post. I appreciate hearing from all my women friends on their similar circumstances. That post has really hit a nerve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for blogging... I am also amazed at how women from all over the world, in a great variety of circumstances, can find common ground!

      Delete
  7. What a cool whistle!!!I love cats. We just have one sweet little girl who we adopted 14 years ago! She rules for sure. The dog will step aside for her to drink out of the water bowl and eat the dog food. (I'm positive she only does this because she can)Such personalities and Lucy and Kramer are just beautiful! Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cat!!!! thank you so much for your visit!!!
    I follow you now!!!
    Have a nice day!! and my G+ for you...
    Besos, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...