Translate

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Bring on the BLING!

Pin It

This tale begins early in the hot and summery month of August, when our fearless leaders, Marlene Cupo of Amazing Designs by Marlene, and Shelley Graham Turner of Fabric of My Life (big kudos, ladies!), first announced to the blogging world that, come October, an event without precedent would be brought forth for all to see: 




This momentous happening would come to pass after the humble blogger applicants had passed rigorous testing requested admittance and received partners. Each one would consult the other and commence fabrication of an ornament or piece of jewellery.

When I received an email from Jo-Ann of It's a Beadiful Creation, I immediately checked out her blog. Jo-Ann makes beautiful jewellery but her speciality seemed to be dimensional bead-weaving. We chose a general theme and got to work. 

As with most plans, mine had a few hitches. My original cane work had to be scraped and restarted. The next one came together smoothly over the course of a week. Thankfully I was nearly done assembling my items as the deadline approached. This was when Murphy's Law swung into action, and I had almost two weeks of family illness, a visit to the emergency room with my son, followed by pet surgery.

It's always soothing to have a hobby to fall back on at these times. I finished my projects, and all human and pet family members started returning to good health. When I got Jo-Ann's parcel at the end of this, it was like a beautiful promise of better things! 



As I opened the carefully wrapped package, I found a cheerful holiday greeting card wishing me a "Beadiful Holiday Season", I started to get excited. Could it be?





Yes... I was now the proud owner of an amazing beaded box! I forgot to mention this is another of Jo-Ann's many talents. That is a Swarovski crystal snowflake on top. But wait... there seemed to something inside the box...





A gorgeous little beaded star! See how it is a perfect "fit"?




And I wasn't done! There was yet ANOTHER star... so perfect!




I know my poor little camera doesn't capture how it twinkles!




I am so spoiled! Three gifts in one... they are SO pretty. I have always loved the look of beading, and it appeals to my math mind, so orderly and planned. But these old(er) eyes are not up to such delicate work. So you can imagine how precious these are to me. I LOVE my gift, Jo-Ann!





Everyone at my house was speechless as they admired my amazing little treasures. Check out the beautiful snowflake pattern on the box!





The next day I even dug out a miniature artificial tree to display the stars against a Holiday background. Now, anyone who knows me knows I am a last-minute decorator, and Hubby does most of it. Christmas has definitely come early this year! Thank you so much, Jo-Ann... I have the Christmas Spirit in a big way now!




Even Jo-Ann's business cards are adorable... look at those sweet little owls on a branch!




This guy was the inspiration for the cane I designed for my gift to Jo-Ann. But I'll save that story for another day!

Now check out all these talented folks who have chosen to help us start the Holidays early:

Michelle Fanucchi 
Lennis Carrier http://www.windbent.net
Mary Howell Govaars http://mlhjewelrydesigns.com
Shelley Graham Turner
Stephanie Stamper (Woods) http://skwds.blogspot.com
Mary Hicks, Shannon Hicks

30 comments:

  1. These are beautiful beaded creations. I hope you really enjoy this holiday season. Seems you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad the little beaded box and its contents have found a loving home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow amazing beadwork ... and great blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,how lovely! What amazing work, you were spoiled! I don't have the patience or the eyes for such tiny intricate work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having made a beaded box, and one of the second stars, I can tell you she is a fantastic beader! Those are all beautiful, and definitely display the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, are those gifts beautiful or what? AMAZING work. I KNOW you were deeply touched by Jo-Ann's gift, I mean who wouldn't be?! AND to move a procrastinating decorator such as yourself (as am I) to get out a tree, and TWO whole months BEFORE schedule - WOW that says it all!

    Monique, thanks so much for participating in our bloh hop, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! xxoOh! ~ Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog post and those beaded goodies are wonderful. Can't wait to see what you returned. Thanks for joining our HBBH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you were spoiled! So pretty! I can't wait to see what you sent her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Monique,
    Oh wow I love the beaded box and the stars. Those are precious little keepsakes and every Christmas they will remind you of this challenge and the new friend you made.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Wow Wow, love the beaded box and stars, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAD to return to comment about your owl canes...amazing work, such talent! LOVE the bracelet, where did you get that three owl connector piece? LOVE it all!! Jo-Ann is a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You are a lucky partner, your beaded box and pretty star ornaments are just amazing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow, those are gorgeous!! I'm a beadweaver but haven't tried boxes yet....hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, beautiful work. These are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love your snowflakes! What a unique design! Hope your Holidays are awesome! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Passei aqui, vi, li e adorei esse blog. Parabéns pelo bons textos e pelo blog. Deixo o meu blog e aguardo a sua visita. http://inkdesignerstampas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first Portuguese comment! Google translation: I spent (time) here, I saw, I read and loved this blog. Congratulations for the good blog and the texts. I leave my blog and I look forward to your visit.

      http://inkdesignerstampas.blogspot.com

      Manoel lives in São Paulo, Brazil. His blog is called "Love and Poetry", he writes spiritually and politically coloured free verse. It is quite lovely and thought-provoking, even in translation.

      Thank you for visiting here, Manoel... obrigado!

      Delete
  17. Wow - those are so cool! Love the box & the stars are just icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome gift/swap! I love the beaded box and ornaments! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the snowflakes... Girl I so know about murphys law.. I have been sick for the past week. Hope everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Monique,

    Firstly, may I say you created beautiful owls! The gifts you made for Jo-Ann are amazing. I love the woodland holiday theme, the peaceful blues and colorway: so calming and gorgeous!

    The beaded box and stars Jo-Ann created are exquisite and festive. Totally beautiful and awe-inspiring! I'd love to know how Jo-Ann made them and how you created the cane and owls.

    I'm happy you received a special gift after all you went through! It sounds intense, and yet you made such beauty and have a fun post. Bravo!

    As I told your partner, thank you for being a part of the HBBH and sharing your gifts. What a lovely and "blingful" exchange you two shared :) Wonderful!

    Happy Holidays,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!! Those are simply AMAZING!! I LOVE them! You are so lucky.
    I do beadweaving but have never done anything like this.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are just incredible. That box is totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Passei, vi, li e gostei do conteúdo desse blog, parabéns! Aguardo a sua visita em meu blog; http://inkdesignerstampas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Monique - hopefully everyone in the family is now feeling better (including the pet).

    The treasures you've been gifted with are lovely - and I am in complete awe of anybody being able to do such amazing creations with a needle, a thread, and very small beads :) I am sure you will cherish them and your tree will be adorable with them on!

    Happy Thanksgiving Day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! what a beautiful holiday gift you got and packed with so much thought and care. Have a wonderful Holiday season. This blog was fun. Nice knowing you. Dita

    ReplyDelete
  26. What treasures you received, the box is amazing. I don't think I have th eyesight nor the patience to work with such a tiny medium. Truly incredible work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning Gift!! Precious! Love !!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely idea and what a lovely thing to receive in the post!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...