Translate

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Casual Bracelet Style

Pin It


Don't you love my prop? I was inspired by a photo on Marla
Gibson's Spice Box Designs during a recent blog hop!
 

I took a few minutes to put together a bracelet inspired by elements of several design ideas over at Linda's Mixed Kreations Jewelry blog. I'm just learning to use cording in casual jewellery styles, so I love being able to buy small amounts of different colours (thank you, Carolyn of Dragonfly's Supplies). This is waxed cotton cord in School Bus Yellow; the one metre length is perfect for practising my knots, with a little leftover to brighten up a pair of earrings!


I had a small collection of rustic Ridged Rounds from Rebekah of Tree Wings Studio which I interspersed with some Mookaite Jasper nuggets for the bracelet. There are also some cool burgundy spacers in organic polymer clay shapes, also by Rebekah, for variety. The simple tassels are Picasso Czech glass beads. Finally, the earrings are an easy design featuring Rebekah's PC rounds in a gorgeous pearly finish, topped with 8mm Mykonos Greek ceramic washers stacked over cord ends.


I'm lovin' this more casual style, and I notice lots of other bloggers are lovin' it, too!

P.S. If you haven't seen Rebekah's new Sleepy Critters, take a peak over at her Tree Wings Studio blog. They are too cute to miss!

10 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic prop! I might just start a fad of min-chairs for photography lol. Can you just imagine.....hmmmm I think I smell a challenge coming on! Your pieces are wonderful! I love mixed media such as fiber and beads. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique,
    I love the little chair prop. The bracelet and earrings are beautiful. I love the causal look to both pieces, great job. I saw Rebekah's new sleepy criters the other day and they are adorable.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! Colors and style are gorgeous. Hmm blog hop. Perhaps "Marla's Mini's" :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the warm tones in this necklace! Your photograph is fabulous, very cool looking rustic chair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely. Yes, that pop of yellow is nice. And thanks for the idea of what to do with Greek washers, which I have. I have waxed linen cord but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great set...nice and earthy and casual. perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea for a prop! I also love the bracelet --I haven't tried any kind of cord yet, but it's starting to call to me. And I had to order those hedgehogs over at Tree wings Studio --so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!!! I have two awards for you in my blog!!
    Hope you like!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend! and my G+...

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this and the bright school bus yellow makes it pop!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...