Translate

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My precious...

Pin It




I have a confession to make: I LOVE Czech glass beads... nay, I am addicted to them. I like to make little piles with them... or string them (not as jewellery, just to admire them LOL).

A couple weeks ago, while drooling over the gemstones at Magpie, I stumbled across some great bargains in Czechs: 100 g (that's nearly a 1/4 pound!) bags of beads, sorted by colour... only $4.99 per bag. I had to have some... O.K. a LOT! I've just sorted the blue so far; each bag has "between 100 and 200" beads in 10 different designs. I love them all!

Well the time has come to break my unhealthy hoarding addiction! Most of my latest haul (the blue portion) has been earmarked for the 7000 Bracelets for-Hope campaign. I have been collecting blue pretties for a while now: cording, buttons, ceramic bracelet cuffs... and of course, lots and lots of beads. As autumn gently turns to winter...

(Cue the autumn foliage)

...as I was saying, as the seasons turn, I plan to be cozy in my little workshop making lots of beautiful blue bracelets. And overcoming separation anxiety from... MY PRECIOUS... 


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, soothing Blues! The Moms will be so happy to receive them :-)
    Your trees are gorgeous~too bad fall is always so short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Czech glass, especially in blue! Love to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blues! We've been on the same wavelength, I've been collecting too! I keep changing my mind though, over and over again. I have 1 out of 7 down, 7my goal before the end of the year. Blue being my favourite colour makes for a really easy excuse to just keep on hoarding for the "right" ones - I'm in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Czech glass too! There are so many beautiful colors and wonderful designs. Can't wait to see what you create with your gorgeous blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I love Czech glass also. Love it! I find it hard to use up, want to hoard it!It is going to a great cause though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just had to go and post that link, didn't you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good for you! Bracelets for Hope is such a great cause! And yes, all of us beady geeks share your love of Czech glass, well those of us that love beading and stringing!!! You've got some beauties there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post made me laugh out loud! You've perfectly captured the way I feel about Czech glass beads and admittedly, several other kinds, as well. Can't wait to see all the beautiful blue bracelets you create with this stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, i so envy you. i just wish we have them here in our local craft store. can't wait to see what you can create with them Monique. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pretty much love all things glass. Then when I decided to start up beading again, I was in awe of all the choices of glass beads offered now. Love the czech glass and those blues are so pretty.
    Have fun creating. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...