Translate

Sunday, November 25, 2012

7000 Bracelets for Hope Blog Hop

Pin It
Like many of you, I am always on the lookout for charities that accept gifts of jewellery, so I was pleased when Sue Kennedy of Sue Beads announced a blog hop for the 7000 Bracelets for Hope campaign. This is a promotion by the Global Genes Project, which is one of the leading rare and genetic disease patient advocacy organizations in the world. This non-profit organization accepts bracelet donations to help promote awareness of the unique needs of patients and their families: "Each individual blue bracelet design we receive represents the uniqueness of one of the 7,000 rare diseases."

I've been collecting blue beads for a while so I was grateful for a little motivation to start creating!



All four feature polymer clay focals and glass beads. The cute rainbow heart in number 3 is by Rebekah of Tree Wing Studio, and those are wing dings in number 4 from Genea Beads




Those flowery focals in number 2 are inspired by Joan Tayler's blog post on making two-sided tiles or wafer beads without fingerprints. And number 1 features a simple fish shape sliced into four pieces. I've still got a ton of blue goodies so I'll try to put together a few more bracelets before mailing them off to the 7000 Bracelets for Hope!

Please visit these other participants, and remember: anyone can donate a bracelet to this worthy cause. You don't have to be a jewellery seller, just have a pair of willing hands and a giving heart!






























15 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. I love those leaf/flower leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you for sharing this. I would love to show this organization some support, Now I will have to start collecting some blue beads of my own...btw love the bracelets you have created; their very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! these are all so very beautifully unique! I'm sure the recipients will love wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the creativity in all of these designs! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those polymer clay focals! Wonderful bracelets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you made so many bracelets. They're all so cheery and I'm sure they'll bring a smile to the pp who will get to wear them. I especially like the heart focal with the rainbow. So bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful bracelets. They all look like they would add some happiness to someone's life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bracelets!!!!
    Besos, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!!! Those elephants!!! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bracelets- all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful bracelets, and FOUR of them! You are so generous! Thank you so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...