Translate

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Jewellery for your Inner Geek!

Pin It
Anyone else out there who grew up reading Popular Mechanics and the Edmund Scientific catalogue? You know, for fun? I was a child of the 60's, well before (widespread) computers in homes and the undreamt-of joys of Internet surfing. You geeks know who you are... I want to share a very cool site called Instructables, which is the ultimate DIY and hack place for us armchair geeks. Their easy to use and PDF-printable step-by-steps run the gamut: Bikes, Boats, Camping, Cars, CNC, Decorating, Electronics, Furniture, Gardening, Green, Home Renovation, Kids, Lamps, Recipes, Science, Solar, Tools, Travel, Wii, and Woodworking.

And yes, they do jewellery. It's under "decorating"... as in decorating ourselves, right? Here are two recent projects in time for Holiday gift-making:


How to Make LED Circuit Board Earrings


Vectorizing Drawings for Laser Engraving and Cutting Jewelry



Click here to go to the Instructables jewelry main page. There are lots of less techie jewellery projects, too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks tor the tip! -a lot on that site. Though I haven't read too many popular mechanics ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...