Translate

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Beauty of the Earth...

Pin It
Coming up this Friday, November 30: the reveal for the Challenge of Color, hosted by Erin of Treasures Found, in collaboration with Brandi of Brandi Girl Blog. Eighty participants will be showing their creations inspired by some wonderfully unique palettes: colour-enhanced satellite photos of our planet's geological wonders. We were each offered two choices, and I'm still deciding whether to do one or both!







I can't wait to see what everyone else has prepared... hope you'll be able to join us as well!

Here's a bonus video... I love this simple and beautiful hymn, which has remained popular since it was written almost 150 years ago:


For the beauty of the earth
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies. 

Lord of all, to Thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise.

For the beauty of each hour,
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon, and stars of light. 

For the joy of ear and eye,
For the heart and mind’s delight,
For the mystic harmony
Linking sense to sound and sight. 

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild. 

For each perfect gift of Thine,
To our race so freely given,
Graces human and divine,
Flowers of earth and buds of Heaven.


7 comments:

  1. Wow. I won't share what I actually said when I saw these as I have a potty mouth but man, gorgeous!! I can't wait to see them all. I had a devil of a time choosing too... Haven't actually sat down to it yet, tonight maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that hymn, and I love singing it in churh. I had a difficult time choosing too, but ended up taking the safe route with a color scheme I like, though I have not even started on my piece!

    I can't wait to see what everyone makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very creative!!!
    Have a good week!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked on, and finished mine today. I had a hard time with it, and am not entirely satisfied with it :( But at least its done and meets the requirements of the challenge. I have realized I am a "monochrome" designer, too many colors together are hard for me :(

    Can't wait to see what you do, since you are always so good with mixing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive post and blog!
    Check mine and let me know if you would like to follow each other:-)
    Kisses
    Aga

    Check my new post
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive blog!
    Come and visit mine and let me know if you would like to follow each other:-)
    Kisses
    Sandra

    Check my new post
    www.sunkissedlovechild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...