Translate

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Fantasy Flower

Pin It

I just received some lovely complimentary Czech glass beads from Cyndi of Beading Arts, courtesy of The Best Beads. I got some Moonstone Bicones and Leaves in both black and red. I love primary and highly contrasting colours like this, but strangely, I had never worked in that combination before. 





This is the inspiration design I have come up with to get me started. I am SO not a beader! I just wanted to have a little something at my worktable that would encourage me to come up with larger projects. I find once I "store" my components, I tend to forget about them. Out of sight, out of mind?


Fantasy Flower... maybe the Red Queen would grow these!


What do you use to help seed designs? How do you store your pretties so they are readily available when the Muse is in the mood?


3 comments:

  1. I'm sooo glad that you're happy with them, and I hope that they will inspire you to get bitten by the beading bug ;-) I thought the moonstone beads were particularly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unfortunately haven't found a sure fire way of storing my beads so that their readily available when I need them. It's definitely still a work in progress!

    Those are gorgeous beads you received :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! April is going to be Innovative Stringing Month on Beading Arts...plenty of projects and inspiration for working with the larger beads ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...