Translate

Saturday, March 09, 2013

We Shall Go To The Sea (A Blog Hop)

Pin It

Welcome to my reveal for the Bead Table Blog Hop II - Sand and Sea Edition, sponsored by Lisa Lodge of A Grateful Artist. Back in December, when most of us were still getting used to having snow around, Lisa offered some sweet reprieve. Namely, a kit of beads in either "sand" or "sea" colours. I was tickled to receive my set of pretty blue and green, glass and pearl, with a little gold thrown in for good measure! As I rarely work with gold components, I felt challenged, in a good way!






I had a ball with these beautiful beads: faceted and smooth glass, mother-of-pearl daggers in two shades of blue, dusky pearls and neutral seed beads, all accented with delicate gold bead caps and spacers. All unusual for me... and I love the results.



Love these mysterious and dramatic green beauties!



I made three separate strands. 



A little twist before joining the strands.

That sweet little seashell tile was included in my bead kit. It's by Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp of Skye Jewels. The silk ribbons were some short lengths remaining from a previous project (besides basic findings, it was the only component not in my original kit). The silk was purchased from Marsha Neal Studio... I am partial to a little fabric in a bracelet design, and these ribbons really soften the "feel" on my wrist.

I had enough beads left over for a pair of matching earrings:






I have very few beads remaining from my kit. It was tempting to add "extras" to my design but I resisted! In a way it is liberating to be so limited in what one can use, and still have fun and come up with an appealing design. Thanks for this great event, Lisa!

Now here is a completely gratuitous photo a friend emailed me this week. I couldn't resist sharing!



Ahhhh! Now THAT looks cozy!
  

Thanks for visiting! Now check out what these creative artists have come up with:



HOSTESS Lisa Lodge   A Grateful Artist
Eleanor Burian-Mohr    The Charmed Life
Mary Govaars    MLH Jewelry Designs
Tanya Goodwin    A Work in Progress
Kathy Lindemer    Bay Moon Design
Toltec Jewels    Jewel School Friends
Sharyl McMillian-Nelson    Sharyl's Jewelry 
Marla Gibson    Spice Box Designs
Melissa Trudinger    Bead Recipes
Dot Lewallen    Speedie Beadie
Ema Kilroy    Ema K Designs
Jami Shipp    Celebrating Life
Leah Tees    My Beady Little Eyes
Christie Murrow    Charis Designs Jewelry
(YOU ARE HERE) Monique Urquhart    A Half Baked Notion
Gloria Allen    Gloria Allen Designs
Cindy Anderson Wilson     It's My Sea of Dreams
Suzi Campbell    Suzi Campbell Creations
Shaiha Williams    Shaiha's Ramblings
Annette Rivers    Mamaowl's Mess 


26 comments:

  1. What beautiful jewelry you made! Love those daggers and you really highlighted them in your design! I have a pair of earrings from similar tiles by More Skye Jewels! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful jewelry! I especially love the earrings...the colors and shapes are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them! and thanks for the comments on mine- as this was my first blog hop and I had the accident right after signing up, I was extremely worried whether I would be up to the challenge...thanks for the inspiration to keep on keeping on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty design! I do love the 3 separate strand idea, and the twist of them together is such a pretty look. And, bonus!, earrings too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted my comments in your preview of the mix. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a great job! You inspired me to sign up for Lisa's next challenge. Can't wait to join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the way the three strands move together and balance the mix and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creations are glorious and remind me of the ocean with all its mysteries. I can imagine these on a a beautiful mermaid . . . or just on a "wanna be" mermaid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! The colors are great together and it looks like it would be spectacular to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these pieces, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors you were given. Reminds me of the ocean. Beautiful pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you came up with for your kit! I would wear both the bracelet and earrings. The bracelet is really gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! And you're right. The fabric adds some delicious texture to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Monique - What a beautiful bracelet and earrings! Adding the silk strands was a great idea. Marie's tile looks great in the bracelet design. Thanks for participating in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the creation! It speaks softly of the ocean & its calming ways, very pretty!
    ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is gorgeous. I love the ribbon and the pendant and how they really set off the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE Love Love this piece! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! So pretty and the colours remind me of sparkling waters. I tend to gravitate towards the colour blue and love how you added the ribbon and charm dangle to the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors are lovely, and you did a beautiful job of showcasing the pendant. Love the bracelet and the matching earrings! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I just love your bracelet. It is just incredible. All those wonderful colors and the silk. Looks totally luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this jewelry, the colours are great and remind me immediately of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful designs Monique! it is such a serene mix of blues and your work has such a flow to it! just beautiful. and how cute is that pic of the kitty and the dog! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great fun you had with your bead kit, Monique! Love what you've designed, especially the beautiful bracelet. Beach time is coming!

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Better late than never. So glad I got to your entry. I think you did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous necklace and earrings - the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is lovely Monique! Really sets off that beautiful focal and such glorious blues! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...