Translate

Saturday, April 27, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge: Textured and Amber

Pin It
Week 16 (or is it 17?) of the Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge. This week I decided to search among my own polymer clay beads for a source of inspiration. I came across a pair, 35mm/1-3/8" tall, basic black, impressed with a geometric design, and highlighted with mica powders.




Attached to a pair of handmade silver-finished earwires with ivory glass pearl beads, another example of Shelley Graham Turner's  "Dressed-Up Earwires". Glammed up with pairs of amber-coloured Czech glass dangles and some silver petite lilies filigree bead caps from Double Angel Design.

Polymer clay beads are a great earring option as they are relatively light for their size. Visit the AJE Earring Challenge Pinterest board anytime for lots of great designs... see you next week!


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Monique. I love your polymer clay beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique these are really lovely! and quite 'glammed up' as you say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dressed up ear wires and your PMC beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely pair, very pretty! I've never tried my hand at jewelry but I would love to someday. Have a wonderful Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those! What a great idea, the mica powder on those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are pretty cool also! I really love what the mica powder did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, especially the way the mics powder gradually morphs from blue to green. Bet these are even prettier "in person"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your polymer beads with the mica powder. I never tried that when I was working in PC. Beautiful. And the earrings I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These earrings seem inspired by the galaxy. Love your jazzed up pearl ear wires and sparkly beads.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...