Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2013

AJE Weeks 22, 23, and 24: Catching Up

Pin It


*(For the ABS Monthly Challenge post, click here.)*

I've finally caught up (I think!) I'm going to post all three sets of earrings on this one post. I think this has been a busy week at Art Jewelry Elements, so this will make for faster blog hopping this week.

Week 22: sweet racing stallion polymer clay beads by Rebekah of Tree Wings Studio paired with Southwest squared lampwork discs from Julie of Indian Creek Art Glass (Outwest). Mounted on waxed linen cording from JewelryAccord by Lori Eurto, with silver-filled earwires from Soul of Somanya. 





Week 23: lovely custom hand-crocheted flowers by Carm (Creative Carmelina), which I embellished with lucite centers, and placed on extra-small surgical steel kidney earwires from The Beady Eye supply shop. These are child-sized earrings, less than 3/4" (20 mm) across.




Week 24: a couple of styles of stud earrings using slices of polymer clay. My first attempt at stud designs. This first pair is a triangular kaleidoscope style I designed using a rose brain cane tutorial by Cindy Lietz. (These are so-called "millefiori" canes, which have a pattern from end to end of the cane and result in an identical pattern wherever they are sliced.)





This second pair I used slices of backgroundless shaded rose cane which is another of my favorite tutorials by Cindy Lietz. It was only when I photographed these that I realized how very three-dimensional they appear. As you can see in the last photo, the slices are absolutely flat and the 3-D effect is just an optical illusion! 







Please check the AJE Pinterest board to view lots of lovely designs for this Earring Challenge, or jump aboard for the blog hop this week:

8 comments:

  1. Monique, I love what you did with these earrings!!! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both of your polymer pairs are great. The last are truly 3-D...and I love the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful cane work. Those roses are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your earrings are beautiful. The lavender ones are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful earrings! I just love the various designs and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your earrings are wonderful. Love the canework.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those 3D roses are pretty amazing. Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...