Translate

Saturday, July 06, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Weeks 25 and 26

Pin It

What a hot and humid (100ºF+) weekend it has been in my normally temperate coastal town! Thank goodness making and photographing earrings is very LOW on the perspiration scale. And that my craft-room is in my relatively cool basement. I am presenting both pairs together... without further ado:

Week 25:

"Tropical Breeze"


Featuring handmade organic stoneware beads by Ingrid of potterygirl1 on Etsy, with coconut stick beads from the Philippines and Indonesian carved bone buttons purchased through Karine at yukidesigns



Detail of buttons and beads



Week 26:


"Mermaid's Choice"


An asymmetric design with lampwork from two glass artisans in complementary styles. The two colourful, round, swirled beads are made by Mona and sold through her Etsy shop MonasLampwork. The four clear beads in irregular shapes and sizes are the creations of Jane of JPerala Designs. Strung on 2mm silk cords by Marsha through Marsha Neal Studio. These silks are actually hand-sewn into delicate cords, so to achieve the stick-like effect I carefully picked out the stitches and feathered them out. 



Detail of  lampwork


Do check regularly at the Art Jewelry Elements Pinterest board for wonderful designs added regularly!





9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors and beads...sure to cool things off nicely. I love discovering new-to-me lampwork artists such as Mona's Lampwork. Your earrings are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Gorgeous style and beautiful colours. Your creations are always fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the beads! Both pair are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beads you used in the first design are wonderful. The mermaid earrings are so summery! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that second pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning ... absolutely love these - especially that first pair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both pairs of earrings are lovely, but I find myself drawn to the blue "Mermaid's Choice", maybe because I gravitate more towards watery blues than to the greens. Either way both pair are beautiful and unique.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...