Translate

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Continents: AJE Earring Challenge Weeks 27/28

Pin It

**Click on this link if you are looking for the Bead Hoarders Blog Hop 2013**

Welcome to the blog hop for Weeks 27 and 28 of the Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge. Every week jewelery designers feature one or more of their earring creations, which MUST FEATURE HANDMADE COMPONENTS. I named this post "Continents" when I realized I have components from North America, Africa, Asia and Australia in these two pair!  (Scroll to the bottom for links to the participants in this blog hop. Earrings may also be viewed on the AJE Earring Challenge Pinterest board.)

Week 27:

Featuring handmade CopperClay charms from Kristi Bowman Design and handmade lamp-work leaves in crystal green by fey glass (Faye Blennerhassett), which I converted from headpins into connectors. They are hung on antiqued copper, decorative headpins from Soul of Somanya, which I shaped into ear-wires.





Week 28:

I made these for last week's Back and White Jewelry ChallengeIndonesian dyed, hand-carved bone components from yukidesigns  on silver-filled headpins, also from Soul of Somanya, in the same decorative design as above but hung in the opposite orientation.





6 comments:

  1. I love seeing my leaves in these earrings and you paired them with some wonderful and unusual glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces you made - see, we are now jewelry global too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I use a lot of leaves in my work so these are right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monique!

    I enjoy stopping by your blog and am nominating you for the Liebster Award. It's completely up to you if you decide to take it and pass it on. This is just my way of saying thank you for writing a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both pairs are wonderful, really love leaves, the copper clay charms, and the lampwork are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both pair are beautiful, Monique. I really like the combination of the pale green, glass leaves with the metallic, copper clay leaf charms. The copper earring hooks bring everything together beautifully.

    Also the second pair are very eye catching and have a wonderful, primitive, tribal look - a very ethnic and exotic look that is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...