Translate

Monday, July 15, 2013

Alenka's First Blogoversary Celebrations

Pin It

I was thrilled to receive these wonderful art beads in the mail today. These are handmade by Alenka Obid of Pepita Handmade. Alenka is celebrating her "first blogoversary" by generously sending unique components to some of her blogger friends. The twist is that everything was packaged FIRST before being randomly addressed, so not only are the recipients in for a surprise, but even the sender doesn't know what she sent until we receive it. Cool idea, no?




So, I know it wasn't planned, Alenka, but you couldn't have made a better choice for me! I love these beads with their mosaic, over-dyed, organic surfaces, which are a treat to both see and touch. (Sorry for the sub-par photography, my basic little camera had a difficult time trying to choose between the beads to focus LOL.) They have a lovely translucent aspect. They are in a colour palette I have seldom worked with as well. I love this challenge!

I can't wait to see what everyone creates with their unique components. See you all here on August 11th for the reveal!

14 comments:

  1. What a novel idea, makes it a surprise for both the receiver and the sender and it also makes deciding what to send to whom so much easier. :)

    Love the colors and the texture of those beads, very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - I too have trouble with my little camera finding a focus point. It seems to want to focus on anything and everything that I do not want it focusing on. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those look great. I love the mix of colours. Look forward to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique, thanks for the nice comments on my blog. Buster has been sleeping a lot too because of the heat and then he gets aliens in his head and starts throwing balls and crashing into walls or if my husband is sitting in his chair, he sneaks up behind him and tags him on the arm and then runs away. Do you have air conditioning in your craft room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely beads they are! Look forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monique,
    I'm glad you like what you have received! These are my yabba-dabba beads (as my last year's BSBP partner Amy called them).
    Can't wait to see what everybody will create!!!
    Have fun,
    Alenka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice colors!!! Look forward to see your creation!!
    I follow you by Bloglovin too!! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Have a good week, dear!!! my like in bloglovin for your post too!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-) Beautiful beads and very challenging Monique... they really look delicious, like candy! Have fun and see you in August!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I've never seen anything like them. I can't wait to receive mine. I'm also very excited to see what you create with these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only are the colors beautiful, but I am crushing over the awesome texture! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty beads! I look forward to seeing how you put them together in a design ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look good enough to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for visiting my blog Monique and the nice comment you left me.
    I love the pieces you have made and the elephant and bee beads are adorable, I have that little pony bead in my Etsy favourites it is so cute!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are scrummy aren't they? They're going to be fun to use I bet!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...