Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Little Fun: AJE Weekly Earring Challenge 31/32

Pin It


Welcome to this week's blog hop for the Art Jewelry Elements earring challenge. I've already written about my first entry (Week 31), "Wilma Goes Dancing", on a previous post.  

Here is my design for Week 32:




I received these wonderful handmade copper ammonite charms from Kristi Bowman. Don't they look playful paired with these swimming turtles in imitation turquoise? This simple style is held together by antiqued copper decorative headpins handmade in Ghana, sold through Soul of Somanya. I never tire of discovering new ways to use these headpins for a lot of flexibility in design!

Remember to check regularly on the AJE Pinterest board for exciting new creations to inspire you!

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Love these earrings. The turtles are so cute and really go with Kristi's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooo nice Monique! Love how the turquoise and copper play together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great earrings!! I love them both. And of course Kristi's components go so well with those turtles. And I love the clever name you chose for last weeks earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see my Ammonite squares playfully paired with those adorable turtles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very pretty I love the turquoise colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat earrings! Kristi's components are perfect. Love the decorative headpins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love turquoise and copper, and turtles! Fabulous earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, cute! I just got a pair of turtles like that, my sister got them in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monique, your earrings are beautiful! And I love Kristi's components - you have shown them off well! :-) I like how you added the links for the blog hop - it's amazing how far blogging has come with little apps like this now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your earrings. Those head pins are great, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turquoise and copper work so nicely together. The earrings are marvelous and the ammonite charms along with the little turtles makes for a wonderful pair of aquatic earrings. Great creation Monique.

    btw - when I clicked on the Soul of Somanya link I got an etsy "Sorry, the page you were looking for was not found" message. Hope it is just a temporary etsy problem or maybe the link went bad ?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...