Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Catch-Up Part I: Weeks 35-38

Pin It


I have a lot of catching up to do, so I will try to be much less wordy than usual!



Week 35: Back in my stock of awesome Outwest lampwork for this mismatched disc and squared ring pair. I love the "dressed-up ear-wires" from Tori Sophia. Strung on waxed linen with some mixed glass bling.
















 Week 36: Ceramic discs in light green, on silk cord, both from Marsha Neal Studio. The organic blue beads are by Potterygirl1. My own handmade earwires in green niobium. 













Week 37: I started with very fine (1.2 x 2 mm) purple and gold chain and mixed it up with more Tori Sophia ear-wires. Demure orange lampwork spacers by StudioJuls and Outwest, but mixed with the purple have a space-opera-Halloween vibe.











Week 38: Top and bottom handmade brass headpins from Ghana, with traditional Adinkra symbols, Soul of Somanya. The newt charms are by Round Rabbit, the earthy lampwork is StudioJuls. Finished with tiny red topaz and diagonal cube glass.









I notice my camera is acting up these days. It might be time to invest in a better toy :) Part II later today/tomorrow.

Please check over at the Art Jewelry Elements Pinterest board where new creations are added regularly. I noticed there are now just under 900 designs... Wow! That is a LOT of inspiration!

I'll post tomorrow the remainder of my catch-up earrings. See you then!

9 comments:

  1. Great earrings! That first pair~week 35~are beautiful...wonderful colors. Then the space opera Halloweens are sensational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, diverse set of earrings, Monique! Love your eye for mixing and matching the work of bead artists. And thanks for pointing me in the direction of the AJE pinterest board...I'll definitely be visiting soon.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really lovely :-) My favorites are week 35 and 38.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations! I'm having a very hard time deciding which ones I prefer! I think I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations - and congrats: the 'pumpkin' earrings (week 37) just got featured on AJE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the discs in the first 2 pair, discs are one of my favorite components!! And the purple and orange color combination and the earthiness of the last pair! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! I'm so glad you're sharing your "catch up" weeks! I'm especially enamored with the first and last pairs. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like those earring w/ the Newt charms!! Week 38. You do a great job of mixing up beads, colors etc. They are all done nice. Green is one of my colors.. Are they sold yet, I really like long earrings.....
    ~Erika

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...