Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

AJE Earring Challenge Catch-Up Part II: Weeks 39-42

Pin It


So today I have the balance of my "catch-up" designs for the Art Jewelry Elements blog earring challenge. After making up the lot this week, I noticed I was leaning heavily on leaf beads, so that is the theme of today's post :)



Week 39: I transformed these spring green leaf lampwork headpins by Jane Perala Designs into instant earrings by adding pretty StudioJuls spacers and AB faceted glass. I guess it's never too early to think about NEXT spring :)




Week 40: Beginning with delicate fey glass crystal green leaf headpins, I added sweet little flower glass beads (commercial but very pretty). This design is strung on  Vintaj filigree earwires. *I previously shared another earring pair using Faye's lampwork leaves on week 28 of the challenge.




Week 41: My last two catch-ups feature Pottery girl 1 porcelain clay beads. Here the leaves are an earthy colour just like the natural result of falling temperatures here in Canada. On waxed linen cord, I have woven some Indonesian carved bone buttons, Yukidesigns, and Egyptian camel bone beads from Yakutum. Handmade earwires by WireForHire.


Week 42: Last but definitely not least, this creation is 100% artisan components, including Ingrid's porcelain leaves in a subtle cranberry glazing, red organic Marsha Neal Studio ceramic discs and Outwest etched lampwork rounds in a pretty riot of colours. Strung on silver-filled Adinkra earwires from Ghana (Soul of Somanya) and a bit of red linen cording.


Phew! Hope I never fall this far behind again! Unfortunately, sometimes health concerns get in the way of what we REALLY want to be doing with our time.

Here is the link for the AJE Pinterest board where you can ogle lots of wonderful earring designs.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings!! My favorite is the last pair. I love the colors and the funky wires.
    I'm behind with this challenge after being ill for a couple weeks and now playing catchup making jewelry for the two shops that sell my stuff. You do what you gotta do and there are only so many hours in a day. I hope your health issues go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, wow! that is a serious amount of earrings created lately! and some really gorgeous designs!! I love the leaf head pins, those bone buttons and the Ghana earwires.... oh, who am I kidding .... I LOVE it all! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your leafy earrings they are all so different what a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Week 41!!! Fantastic~style, color, texture, components are all working together for a really wonderful pair of earthy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your earrings are gorgeous. I love them all but that wire you added in the last photo is so unususual...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the different elements you used in these earrings, they are all really nice creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your leafy themed earrings! Particularly taken with the porcelain clay leaves with the carved bone buttons. Your nack for combining interesting beads and elements is wonderful.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely earrings!!!
    Have a good week!! and my g for you!!!:))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monique I really love the leaf headpins with Juls' lampwork. I'd totally wear those like today... :) No need to wait for spring! I really like how you say you'll never "fall" that far behind again as you're sharing all of your beautiful leaf creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These earrings are gorgeous, especially love all the leaves you've included (the shapes of the top headpins are awesome!)I love nature images on jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an inspirational post! I enjoyed reading it :) I love your blog, too!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin? If you would, just follow me and leave a comment on my blog, so that I can follow you back :)

    Tina from the Style Sinners
    Twitter - @TinaStefanovic
    Instagram - @tina_stefanovic
    http://tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your earrings! They are all beautiful! I have a thing for leavesm so I love anything that has to do with leaves. I am partial to browns/earthy colors. So week 41 is my favor. But they are all gorgeous.

    Linda @ Mixed Kreations

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...