Translate

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Two Challenges for January

Pin It


A New Year began today. For something a little different, I am beginning two challenges.




CHALLENGE #1 is called the January No-Low Spend Challenge, hosted by Carla of My 1/2 Dozen Daily. Quite simply, Carla is moderating an exercise in trimming the fat from our budgets. This Mom of four (like me!) has tons of experience in cutting non-essential spending, cheap day-to-day living and planning to save. Since I have always been a seat-of-my-pants budgeter, I am keeping my goals straightforward:

1/ Limit my shopping to two days per week (I am setting Tuesdays and Fridays... for now);

2/ Plan all my meals ahead of time, preferably weekly;

3/ Develop a savings plan;

4/ Investigate part-time work which will not interfere with my home responsibilites.

Notice I am taking BABY STEPS. I'd like to get to success!




CHALLENGE #2 is from Amy at Copper Diem. We will be creating earrings, 100 Pairs in 100 Days to be precise. Amy is a continuing supporter of the very worthy Ears to You organization, which distributes earrings to women undergoing cancer treatments, as a morale booster. Read the easy instructions on her blog. I will be doing my best to follow along with Amy, the Queen of the Earrings! 
 

8 comments:

  1. Baby steps are the best way to go!! :) It takes a while to get started with a budget & there's nothing wrong with that! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your goals!! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique, this is a great idea. I love the earring one. I'm going to jump right in. Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great challenge to 'budget' yourself ... I could use that when it comes to bead shopping! and good for you to join Amy in her earring challenge. She really does an amazing job with all her designs and earrings she sends off to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great plan for a new year! And baby steps is certainly the way to go. I'm pretty good with the budget, but I can certainly do better. I'll take a look at Carla's link. Good luck to you! Yes, baby steps, for sure. But you're still moving forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great challenges. I'm not sure I could do that many earrings but it would be fun to try. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of the earrings! and the Baby Steps. Best of luck with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The earring challenge sounds like a lot of fun and a great cause. Looking forwards to seeing your designs.
    Good luck with your spending and budget goals. These kinds of things often get left by the wayside during the holidays and starting off fresh in the New Year is perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...