Translate

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Liebster Award from Tammie

Pin It





Last week, I was excited and honoured to learn that Tammie Everly of TTE Designs had nominated me for a "LIEBSTER AWARD". Now, full disclosure, I have previously received invitations to similar awards, but it was back when I was just getting my "sea-legs" as a blogger, and I was too lame and inexperienced to take part. So, with a nod and apologies to you ladies who kindly nominated me, I have endeavored to meet this challenge head-on this time.

I love reading Tammie's well-written blog and her frequent contributions as a member of the Creative Bead Chat and Polymer Clay Collective Facebook groups. She is always looking for new and better ways to improve her business, and share her art. She started her blog just a few months before I did, but is way ahead of me as an artist and blogger. Thank you very much for nominating me, Tammie!


Tammie has been published again!


Here are the rules for participating in this award process:

►Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and answer the questions they presented.

►Link back to the blogger who awarded you.

►Copy & paste the pink Liebster Award logo to your blog.

►Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3,000 followers. Create a new list of 11 questions for them.

►Inform them of their nomination.
 





Here are the questions that Tammie asked:

1. The most beautiful place you've ever visited. Actually, a local waterfall gets the nod. I'd include a photo, but it's rather frozen and unspectacular right now :)

2. If you could invite a historical figure to dinner who would it be and why? Though I love history, this is one that stumps me for now. Whoever they are, they would get the same home-cookin' (see below):

3. What would you serve them for dinner? My prizewinning (just kidding, just for friends and family) Black and Red Chili.

4. If you had a superpower what would it be? The ability to instantly detect bulls**t... I suck at that.

5. Favorite childhood memory? Riding a horse for the first time.

6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Enjoying retirement with Hubby in Nova Scotia (hopefully much sooner than 10 years *TeeHee*)

7. Favorite movie? For the perfect storm of stunning visuals, art direction, musical score, inspiring (though controversial) story and acting chops... I nominate "The Mission" (1986). This movie has another favorite waterfall :)

8. Favorite book? A difficult one, as I rarely read fiction anymore. Most recently read and enjoyed: "Ireland" by Frank Delaney.

9. If you couldn't live in your home country, where would you choose to live? Scotland (Hubby's ancestral home) or France (mine).

10. What did you want to be when you grew up [and are you doing it]? An archaeologist or an astronaut... couldn't figure out if I belonged in the past or the future LOL. I didn't get to do either one :(


11.  Three words to describe yourself.  Spiritual. Introverted. Frugal ('cause how else can I afford BEADS).






Now I need to choose ONLY five blogs to continue the "chain". I follow a LOT of blogs and a wide range of blogs, so I have had to take a few days to distill... and I could have easily picked 50 blogs... but that's against the rules :)

So here are some blogs that entertain, inspire, amuse and otherwise make my brain happy. I chose bloggers with a variety of blogging experience and blog focus, and with various international ties (in honour of my being born in Europe), but who all blog in English:

All the Pretty Things- Romanian-born Alicia Marinache, a fellow Canadian bead-lover, designer, music aficionado, storyteller and traveler on life's journey, has been an early and steadfast supporter on my blogging journey.

On My Side of the World- Since moving from Russia to the U.S., Lena S. has been making her life beautiful with frugality and gratitude. You are a touchstone, Lena :)

Saraccino- Designer Claire Fabian of Germany wants to add a little odd in my life. Yes, please! Her polymer clay work is especially bold and unpretentious.

Sewing After SevenSheryl Selves, from the U.K. and now living in Spain, tempts me to take up needlework and sewing again, with wonderful and whimsical projects she shares on her blog.

Traveling Cats- Belgian author Vanessa Morgan combines two of my interests in one blog. Wish I could visit all these awesome spots with MY kitties. 



Here are my questions to you:

1. If you had a time machine, what period of history would you visit?

2. Do you play a musical instrument (if not, which would you want to learn)?


3. Who was your first best friend as a child?

4. How or why did you decide to start blogging?

5. Where would you visit if cost were no object?

6. Favorite guilty pleasure?

7. Are you a big breakfast eater or strictly coffee and toast?

8. What is the one thing you "can't live without"?

9. You think ___________ should be illegal...

10. What is your favorite room in the house?

11. If the story of your life were made into a movie, would it be a drama? comedy? suspense? horror? documentary?




So, for my nominees, I hope you will take part in the spirit this was meant, in your own good time. I wanted to publish this yesterday (April 1st), but I was afraid someone might think it an April's Fool joke :)

*Bonus ('cause I don't think it's a blog, but I want to "pass it on", as their simple header states): Upworthy. Check it out!*

Thank you again, Tammie, and thanks to everyone for taking time to visit :)

6 comments:

  1. Aww, such a sweetheart! Thank you, Monique - and congratulations on being nominated yourself! Love your answers and you made me sigh thinking of all the questions you posed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award! I really enjoyed reading all about you. And if you need lessons on how to detect bullshit, come see me. I'll teach you everything I know. I was in a crappy relationship for many, many years with a master bullshitter. Not all was lost since my bullshit detector was sharpened through that period. I can now detect it a mile away! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Monique what a surprise. Firstly many congratulations on the award. and many thanks for my nomination You have made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique, I appreciate you playing along :-D I really enjoyed getting to know you better and I am excited to check out some of your favorite blogs. Loved your 3 words, I think those apply to me too. Warm Regards ~ Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great, Monique. I really enjoy your blog and it's great to see your answers and check out your favorite blogs. Keep creating! May 3 is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Monique--You asked some great questions, too. Just wanted to pop by and say hi :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...