Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

CC7A Reveal for May 2014: Semi-Precious

Pin It


Welcome to reveal day for the May edition of the Creative Continuum of Seven Artists, brought to you this month by our leader, the lovely Alicia Marinache of All the Pretty Things. I received a beautiful picture jasper cabochon and matching 8 mm round beads from Alicia. I wanted an "old-fashioned" design for this month's challenge, so I used some components I've actually had for a long time. (I may have bought them from Fire Mountain Gems, which was my primary supplier way back before I discovered the world of art beads and handmade).





Gold-coloured figaro chain, delicate bead caps and bezel cup. This was a workout for me as far as wire-wrapping, which is a skill I seldom practice. I originally wanted to use some silk ribbon as part of the necklace, but I didn't receive my order yet. That's me, always last minute LOL. This may be altered or it may become a graduation gift :) 






You can visit the other CC7A members here:

Alicia... All the Pretty Things
Christine... One Kiss Creations 
Cynthia... Antiquity Travelers 
Emma... A Polymer Penchant 
Sally... The Studio Sublime 
Therese... Therese's Treasures

19 comments:

  1. Hi Monique,
    Your necklace is beautiful! I really like the design I would not change a thing. I think at one time we all used Fire Mountain Gems. I still use them occasionally for a few items.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Monique, this is such a delicate and elegant design! do not change it (funny how both our designs went another route than we originally thought). I love it, it's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for another wonderful participation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautifully romantic piece! we both went 'old-fashioned' this month - ha! I really love the richness of color you've used and the gold sets of the stones so well - don't change a thing! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Monique! I mentioned you today in my post so pop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monique, Your design is simple but beautiful. You did a wonderful job of showcasing the lovely jasper cab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique, your necklace is very pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely design; nostalgic....very feminine...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely necklace. For someone who doesn't wire wrap much, your wraps are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm I'm torn, I really do love silk, but this looks decidedly done just as it is. You sure are a neat wire wrapper! I didn't make it to tulip festival this year - for shame! but I can't help but see all these little bead caps as making little tulips. I bet this would be just beautiful on with that little dangle sway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love this! Very romantic, delicate, full of movement, quietly colorful. Just a really gorgeous piece all around, Monique. I think it would lend itself beautifully to the silk if you decide to go that route. I hate attempting to wire wrap...yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! And very romantic! Excellent job!

    veradesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous necklace! I also love how delicate it is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful necklace, it has a wonderful vintage feel to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love how you showcased that gem! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful necklace! I love that jasper -especially the cab, wonderful color variation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful necklace Monique! Such a vintage Hollywood glamorous feel to the piece. Love the design!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the antique feminine look of this, Monique! An bonus...you got to sharpen up your wire wrapping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely necklace Monique. It is very feminine with a Victorian charm about it.
    I also admire your very neatly wrapped loops - each one is perfect, such precision.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...