Translate

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Art Charm Fundraiser 2014 Coming Up!

Pin It


**THIS EVENT HAS CONCLUDED! Thanks everyone who supported us by visiting, bidding and buying. It was a great success again thanks to Jen Cameron's hard work!!**

Coming up later this month, November 14th 25th to be precise, is my all-time favourite blogging event, the annual Art Charm Exchange and fundraising auction for Beads of Couragea wonderful program which assists seriously ill children to overcome difficult moments in their treatments.

I have sent my charms for the swap, including one which will be auctioned to raise money for this great organization. Jen Cameron of Glass Addictions has been coordinating this event for the past five years, and puts in many hours receiving, redistributing, repackaging, photographing, listing on eBay and of course managing the online auction and ensuring buyers have a great experience. Thanks so much Jen, for your dedication to a truly beautiful cause!

If you have never bought on eBay, you'll be surprised how easy it is to register to buy. You can register today and be ready for the bidding on November 14th 25th. It's great fun and all money raised goes to Beads of Courage :)



Here's a sneak peek at my charms:


All will be revealed on November 14th 25th!


And here's a look at Jennifer's center of operations:



"Santa" Jen getting ready to load the sleigh!


That's boxes to U.S. participants on the right, international charm swappers on the left... I believe this year we have gals from Australia, Slovenia, the U.K. and Canada.

I'm eager to receive my package of charms. It's always a fabulous surprise to see how everyone interprets the theme, which for 2014 is "SOAR".

Looking forward to the auction and hope to see everyone on the 14th 25th!

8 comments:

  1. Wholely Smokes ! What a project and a huge undertaking, but the cause is a great one. Jen Cameron does indeed deserve and massive Thank You and a big round of applause.
    Can't wait to view your charms as I know they will be gorgeous (as always). Hope that next year I can get on board, for this looks like it would be fun and it is for such a very worthy cause.
    I also give all the charm makers a well deserved applause. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oop that should read " a massive Thank You" guess I was either thinking faster than I could type or typing faster than I could think. :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for participating again this year! Everyone is going to LOVE your charms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so anxious to see how my charms survived the experience! First time making polymer clay items for public consumption! Can't wait to see yours, Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so looking forward to seeing what goodies...errr charms...I get this year. And I agree that Jennifer deserves a vacation in the Bahamas after doing this swapevery year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent blog. Wish you were on Wordpress so I could reblog it. It's so great with all the eBay info and the picture of Jen's "stack" to get people curious. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks an exciting event Monique - will have to return to see your charms as your -sneak peak- isn´t at all helpful :-))

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...