Translate

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop 2014

Pin It






We all love hoarding collecting, but once in awhile we need to CREATE! This is the idea behind the Bead Hoarders Blog Hop. I participated in Lori's event last year and she kindly agreed to host again, so I signed up. My post will be brief as the list of bloggers is fairly long. Suffice to say: my hoard is much larger than it was last time! 

Other than buying NOTHING new to use, I had two priorities: finish a project that has been languishing; and use one of my older focals. I chose this lovely pendant by Round Rabbit, accompanied by recycled glass from my favorite supplier of Indonesian beads, Yukidesigns, with mother-of-pearl and cultured sea glass. I stopped at one design. Baby steps :)

My camera is on its last legs, but my sister has offered me one of hers (she collects cameras like I collect beads!) I MUST take her up on that one of these days ;)






Oh, right, also a swirly lentil in polymer clay made by me (it's been around forever!)






Thanks for visiting :) Keep the fun going and hang out with these other designers:


Lori Anderson PrettyThings Blog  (Hostess)


Audrey Belanger Toki No Hourousha
Kathy Lindemer Bay Moon Design
Elsie Deliz-Fonseca  http://ladelizchica.blogspot.com/
Shai Williams Shaiha's Ramblings
Lisa Knappenberger LIRaysaDesigns.blogspot.com
Mary Lindell marylindell.com
Patricia Handschuh  thecolorofdreams.blogspot.com
Maria Rosa Sharrow willowstreetshops.blogspot.com
Kathleen Breeding www.99bobotw.blogspot.com
*THAT'S ME* Monique Urquhart www.ahalfbakednotion.blogspot.com*****
Michelle Escano www.cabbycraft.com
Ghislaine Kruse-van Erp www.kruseartllc.com
Ginger Bishop lilmummylikes
Kelly Schermerhorn Meandering With Kelly
Rachel Mallis Mintmonarch
Susan McClelland www.mistheword12.com
Mary K McGraw MK's Creative Musings
Tania Spivey Moobie Grace Designs
Nicole Rennell Nicole Rennell Designs
Nicole Valentine www.nvalentine.blogspot.com
Karen Mitchell Over the Moon
Tammy Adams Paisley Lizard
Blanca Medina  www.peru-medesigns.com
Stephanie Haussler  www.pixybugdesigns.blogspot.com
Roxanne Mendoza  Roxi Designs
Claire Fabian saraccino
Bridget Torres  www.shears58.net
Donetta Farrington  Simply Gorgeous
Lee Koopman   Strega Jewellry's Blog
Cece Cormier The Beading Yogini
Lizzie Clarke the need to bead
Fay Wolfenden Fay Wolfenden Designs
Kelly Hosford Patterson www.TravelingSideShow.blogspot.com
Nan Smith Nanmade

31 comments:

  1. Monique, that necklace is beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pendant is so unique! and the tie in between the pendant and the mother of pearl beads is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you have combined all the different items into this lovely necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic necklace. And that cleaning the craft room thing is so me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sumptuous. The necklace is so well balanced- beads, color, composition. Well done. Enjoy your new piece of jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a lovely piece ! I would have hoarded that focal like mad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the new necklace that you made. It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and brilliant design! Love the color palate too. Enjoy wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful necklace, Monique. I love that focal but would have been stumped by what to do with it but you knocked it out of the park. Lovely colour combination and design. For a camera on it's last legs you still take fab photos! Thanks for visiting my blog...always great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Monique, the necklace is beautiful! I love swirly beads!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful necklace. The focal is so unique, I think your polymer clay bead really brings out the colour on the focal nicely. Great stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful necklace. I love the combination of beads you've used. Your own lentil is great. And I love Round Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the shaped and finishes in this piece. The colors tie the whole thing together so beautifully. Well done. It's a lovely necklace Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So unique, I love all the different pieces, such whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us. I love the yellow and blue - vintage, very swanky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the necklace . The mother of pearl and the sea glass highlight the beauty of the focal so well !

    ReplyDelete
  17. To me the focal looked like such a challenge, but really showcased it so well and your polymer clay went perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Monique, Your necklace is very unique and creative. I like that you used some of your own beautiful polymer beads. You created wonderful texture with the components that you chose. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a big fan of blue and yellow together, and you paired them perfectly. It's nice to use our stashed beads, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an unusual pendant it's so pretty, it would have challenged me too much. I think what you did with it is so pretty, I especially like the blue sea glass and polymer swirl bead!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Monique you are my last stop of the hop. I'm glad to see you again. It's bee a while, LOL. Love that pendant. I doubt I could have rocked it like you did. This is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pendant is spectacular...but my favorite part of this design is the chain you created! I LOVE the window beads, and have also strung beads on the inside (it's tricky!)...you used the cultured sea glass "tusks" beautifully, too. It's all so beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful and unique pendant....you created a beautiful necklace! And your bead is perfect in this necklace! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh you lucky lady! That's one of the Round Rabbit pendants I tried to get but BAM, gone!

    You rocked it, nailed it, did it great justice! Be proud, and wear it a LOT (even with pajamas!)

    Thank you so much for participating, and don't forget to post your pieces in the special Pinterest board, http://www.pinterest.com/limamike/bead-hoarders-blog-hop/

    Plus, join the Facebook group (also welcome to your friends) www.BeadSoupCafe.com -- hope to see you at other hops!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing pendant, unusual and a beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh what a yummy necklace! The colors are so appetizing and it has such a wonderful balance.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all the texture in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So hilarious!! And TRUE!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ❊..(
    ✿.(,)
    ❊|::::|.☆¸.¤ª“˜¨
    ✿|::::|)/¸.¤ª“˜¨˜“¨
    ❊|::¸.¤ª“˜¨¨˜“¨
    ✿%¤ª“˜¨¨ᴳᴼᴼᴰ
    ❊#ª“˜¨ ᴺᴵᴳᴴᵀ﹗
    Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo 2015!!!
    ♥Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...