Translate

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Polymer Clay Challenge Week 3

Pin It


For Week 3 of Katie Oskin's polymer clay challenge, I am continuing on my quest to use canes I have been collecting. This was a kaleidoscope cane from Donna Kato, which for some strange reason I made with translucent rather than white. The effect is interesting over a base of white. A bit 3D but too subtle really:




Anyway, a learning experience in many ways (slices too thick; next time I will bake the core bead, as is my usual practice; baking in soda did not work for me, but contributed to scratching when I sanded and buffed, etc., etc.) But overall, I like this big bad boy (57mm or 2 1/4" tall) :)

Hope to see everyone next week for Week 4 of our challenge!

Gratuitous kitty photo (Miss Lucy):

Look... I'm a Christmas present!

9 comments:

  1. Cool heart! What translucent clay did you use? You can see the white clay popping through...good job! Do you ever use quilt batting? That works too. I usually use cornstarch, my preference. And I usually tent my baking pieces with a folded index card or foil. I will be starting my piece later today for week 3. Going to try to sculpt a raccoon...we will see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique, I love the heart! Thanks for reminding me to post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!...a MAGNIFICENT heart! I always adore any photos of your kitties-precious creatures that they are....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this heart Monique such a beautiful colour! I seem to have missed this challenge I do seem to miss most of the things I read about lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone for your comments! I've replied via email to whomever has an address associated with their account. I really appreciate all of you taking time to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful piece of work, I followed the link to this page via another blog,your work instantly caught my eye - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely heart, can't go wrong with purple... or hearts, it's a lovely combination. I need to make hearts for Valentine's Day... better get on it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...