Translate

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Polymer Clay Challenge Week 4

Pin It


*Hopping for GROW YOUR BLOG? Click here please*

For Week 4 of Katie Oskin's polymer clay challenge, I am continuing on my quest to use canes I have been collecting. This was a feather cane from Donna Kato, an older one I found through 52 Weekly Canes FB Group. I've made this one in two colourways (the other is delicious purple, and still uncut) and used it in several projects, here and here. Feathers can be flowers, represent birds... how about a bright angel wing? No really, I've always wanted to make a feathered angel wing LOL.




And eventually, I will reduce more of my feather cane and make the sorta-matching wing :) Not sure how I will use my wings, so I usually bake without holes and drill them later. 




Learned my lesson from last week, and went back to baking in sections, easier to control distortion that way. 

The beautiful texture on the backs of the wings in from Joan Tayler Design, one of my go-to texture plates/rubber stamps called Dragon Parts. It goes right through my pasta machine (with the clay) on the thickest setting.

Hope to see everyone next week for Week 5 of our challenge!


Gratuitous kitty photo (Kramer, AKA Baking Assistant):

Baking?? I thought you said BACON!!

9 comments:

  1. Monique, I love those wings and the cat. Can't bake without a cat over seeing everything. I have a cutter like that, I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome use of your left over canes! I did check out those wonderful charms you made...loved them. How I did I miss them? I guess since it was around November and I wasn't feeling good at the time, that is probably why I missed them. So glad to finally be blogging again and keeping in touch with my blogger friends! Pretty wings...can't wait to see how you will use them later. Sooo love your baking assistant! Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are gorgeous Monique! especially that first one with the feather texture - that is just so friken cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Monique . The textures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK. Stupid question here. Get ready.....Is the cane a feather shape that you sliced to overlap on the wing? It's a beautiful effect, however you did it. And Kramer!! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good use of canes, we seem to have similiar interests, I like textures too. Your wings are lovely.... I agree with Bonnie a cat (or two) is a must in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty work!!!
    Have a good week!!! g+ and like's for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful. Love the textures!

    Happy weekend-
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those beautiful angel wings, they're gorgeous! Thank you for your visit to my blog :) I hope everyone in your home is feeling better again by now. Wishing you a beautiful day ~ Wendy of AppleApricot

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...